For over a century, a long line of generous donors and philanthropists have played a central role in conserving and restoring the Club’s extraordinary buildings and grounds. Today, this important work is carried on by the New York Yacht Club Foundation, and you are invited to join in their vital, ongoing mission.
The Club and the Foundation are the stewards of a pair of matchless architectural jewels. In many ways, the Foundation’s current calling is continuing the NYYC’s philanthropic legacy that was originally launched by Commodore J. Pierpont Morgan, who in 1897 donated the Midtown property on which the 44th Street clubhouse was erected.
To maintain such a treasured historical icon’s façade and interior in the style and finish that it deserves requires long-term planning and significant financial support, which is provided directly through donations to the New York Yacht Club Foundation.
If the 44th Street clubhouse, with its famous, unsurpassed Model Room, offers members a spiritual connection to the seas, the Newport “station” at Harbour Court is their literal gateway to blue water. Together, these buildings forge a meaningful connection between the New York Yacht Club’s past, present and future.