Founded in 2007, the New York Yacht Club Foundation has contributed $8.1 million to fund much needed capital projects in both New York and Newport.

The care and maintenance of these historic buildings require constant attention and is only made possible by the support of the New York Yacht Club Foundation.

Make a donation

About the 44th Street Clubhouse

In 1897, Commodore J. Pierpont Morgan’s unexpected purchase and donation of a three-lot site on West 44th Street was the gift on which the New York Yacht Club would erect its first permanent Clubhouse. Designed by the celebrated Warren & Wetmore architectural firm and completed in 1901, the historic Landmark building—so designated by New York City’s prestigious Landmark Preservation Commission—is a preeminent example of Beaux Arts architecture.

About Harbour Court

Conceived by the Boston-based consortium of Cram, Goodhue and Ferguson, the Renaissance Norman-style mansion was completed in 1906, five short years after the 44th Street Clubhouse. The former summer estate of the late NYYC Commodore John Nicholas Brown, Harbour Court was acquired by the Club in 1988, and has since evolved into the internationally recognized Clubhouse and sailing center that it is today.

About Station 10

In 1845, Commodore John Cox Stevens commissioned architect Alexander Jackson Davis to design the New York Yacht Club’s first Clubhouse—a distinctive structure influenced by the Gothic Revival school. Originally erected in Hoboken, New Jersey, it was later moved to Glen Cove, New York, where it was known as Station 10. The structure was later moved to Mystic Seaport in Connecticut before a final journey to its lasting home at Harbour Court.

CONSIDER MAKING A

Donation

Over the next decade, with multiple projects on the horizon, in the planning stages or under way at both Harbour Court or 44th Street, major funding is required to ensure that these Clubhouses are preserved for future generations. These efforts include rebuilding a seawall and restoring the boathouse at Harbour Court. The ongoing annual maintenance of these historic buildings is made possible by the New York Yacht Club Foundation and your generous support.

Donate now

Officers

NYYCF Board of Directors

William Mathews (Matt) Brooks

Chair

Joseph F. Huber

Vice President

Harry T. Rein

Treasurer

Christopher L. Otorowski

Secretary

David K. Elwell, Jr.

At-Large Member

Charles H. Townsend

At-Large Member

Board of Directors

Lauretta J. Bruno

Marie K. Crump

George A.L. David

Ralph Heyward Isham

Gary A. Jobson

Michael F. Johnston

Carol O’Malley

David T. Guernsey, Jr.

Mark Mashburn

Charles F. Willis IV

Executive Director

Trixie B. Wadson

Get in Touch

Contact Us

For more information or assistance with making a contribution, please contact the Foundation by calling 401-608-1125 or [email protected].