In 2012, the distinctive stucco-and-limestone frontage of Harbour Court—originally completed in 1905—was deteriorating almost literally before Club members’ eyes. With major support from the New York Yacht Club Foundation, the subsequent three-year “face lift” earned the Newport Restoration Foundation’s prestigious Doris Duke Preservation Award in 2016. Cracked stucco was infilled with fresh material; failed limestone trim and quoins were repointed or replaced; dilapidated copper gutters and downspouts received fresh copper. It all returned Harbour Court to its former, deserved glory.
Project Completion Date: 2015